what is IPL PHOTO-REJUVENATION ?
IPL (Intense-Pulsed Light) Photo-rejuvenation is a new revolution in cosmetic skin rejuvenation.
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Mottled pigmentation
- Facial veins
- Broken capillaries
- Coarse or rough skin
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines
- Loss of skin tone and elasticity
- And numerous other skin imperfections
- Quick and easy
- Virtually no downtime
- Minimal side effects
- Causes little discomfort
- Offers an immediate return to routine activities
- Provide gradual, natural-looking improvement
- Produces long-lasting results
Initially, we recommend a course of 3 IPL photo rejuvenation treatments at monthly intervals as this provides for gradual improvement with a very low risk. Depending on the number of skin conditions you are treating and the severity of each, further IPL skin treatments may be recommended to ensure excellent long-term results.
Anyone who shows signs of aged or sun-damaged skin is a perfect candidate for IPL photo rejuvenation treatments. IPL cannot be performed however during pregnancy or lactation, nor can it be completed on recently sun-tanned or sun over-exposed skin. Topical fake tans also need to be avoided for one month prior to treatment. After treatment, patients will need to avoid sun exposure and use a sunscreen for at least 4 weeks.
During treatment, a cold gel is applied to the target area and then a pulse of light which feels like a slight sting or pinch, similar to the snap of a rubber band is emitted from machine’s hand piece. Generally no local anaesthetic is required and most people tolerate the treatment well. Each treatment takes about 30 minutes. In general, excellent long term results can usually be achieved with the convenience of no down time.
- Some medications may include “photosensitivity” as a side effect so be sure to inform your specialist if you are taking any medication.
- No sun exposure three days before or after treatment.
- No topical fake tan for five days prior to treatment.
- If you have used or are taking antibiotics, you must finish your course of treatment five days prior to your appointment.
- Do not use any retinol product 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Treatments are spaced 4 – 6 weeks apart depending on the area of the body/face treated.