what is medical microdermabrasion ?
Medical Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, painless procedure that deeply exfoliates the skin and removes the dull, dead skin cells from the surface to reveal younger skin. It is effective at reducing fine lines, sun damage, age spots, pigmentation and acne scars as it stimulates the production of new skin cells and collagen networking in the deeper layers of the skin. The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes. Because it is a medical grade treatment it produces much deeper and longer lasting results than simple microdermabrasion alone.
- Coarse and rough skin
- Reducing fine lines
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Virtually no side effects and no anaesthetic required
- Helps fight the signs of aging and restores a healthy, smooth texture
- Gives an immediate visible result. Skin will appear brighter, more vibrant and healthy-looking due to the increased circulation in the skin
- With repeated treatments medical microdermabrasion will result in a smoothing of skin irregularities and obvious improvement in the skin’s appearance
- Suitable for all skin colours and types
- Some transient redness may occur after medical microdermabrasion
- There are no contraindications to medical microdermabrasion other than the recent use of the drug Roaccutane.